Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Babypalooza

Since my children are now smug thirteen year olds, I get sentimental for the days when they were babies. Their nursery was a neutral shade of beige and their cribs were a sleigh bed style in a dark mahogany finish. I did not go over board in their room for a few reasons, I was having twins and was a little freaked out, (did I mention they're my first?) we didn't have a lot of money and I had recently stopped working so I was trying to get the rest of the house up to our new baby standards...because unbeknownst to me, babies don't come out of the womb walking, putting small objects in their mouths and choking and shoving forks into unprotected electrical outlets.

So I wanted to fantasize for a few minutes about the nursery they never had. If you have children, dream along with me. Unless you're one of those overachieving moms that had the nursery professionally done with every onesie on a silk padded hangar and a thousand dollar area rug that may look fantastic now but wait till someone pukes on it at three in the morning one day very soon, then it won't seem so fantastic.


Bright, cheery and crisp!


Hell yes you need a sofa in the nursery! Most of us spent many a night in a crappy rocker nest to the crib, a late night vigil with our feverish baby.


Love the wallpaper, colors and that fab light fixture.


Love the SHEEP!


New tradition for the baby.


I don't know what I like more, the striped walls or the faux zebra rug?


Love the color palette, fun and sophisticated.


Gorgeous!


Adore the orange and more faux zebra.


MMMMM...flokati.


Love the Tiffany blue and the Sputnik light fixture.


LOVE the colors here and notice the TWO cribs, great space for the girls. One of my favorite rooms.


The chandelier does it for me.


My absolute favorite nursery. Not super babyish but just look at that fantastic wallpaper on the CEILING!


Cute and butch color combo and I love the wallpapered ceiling again!


The blue chair really pops against the charcoal wall, nice and graphic.

No comments:

Post a Comment